Apply for Credit for Recognised Learning (Advanced Standing)
You can submit an application for credit for recognised learning for specific units within your course, or elective units if the course structure permits.
The deadline for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) is Friday of the first week of the semester or study period.
Applications after the deadline will only be accepted for units you are not enrolled in (planned units on ‘My Enrolment’ in eStudent).
Steps to apply Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL):
Things to consider
- CRL can be considered for successfully completed units, courses and relevant work experience you have undertaken in the previous 10 years. This time-frame may be shorter where professional accreditation standards must be met, or where there have been significant changes in your field of study.
- Units studied at undergraduate level are not typically considered for CRL at postgraduate level.
- Certificate IV qualifications will be considered for enabling or bridging courses only.
- You must complete either one third or 200 credits of a Curtin course.
- Information about the policies and procedures related to CRL assessment and appealing a CRL assessment outcome can be found in the credit for recognised learning manual.