Domestic Student Pass


All Malaysian Non-Sarawakian students MUST apply for the Student Pass through the Student Services Department (Student Pass Office) during the Orientation Week (O’ Week).

It is a requirement by the Immigration Sarawak for Malaysian Non-Sarawakian student to apply for the Student Pass while studying in Sarawak

Students must apply for the Malaysia Blue Passport (Dokumen Perjalanan Terhad) before applying for the new student pass.
(Degree – must be valid, not less than 3 years and 2 months)
(Foundation – must be valid, not less than 1 year and 2 months)
(IEP – must be valid, not less than 1 year and 2 months)

The Student Pass has a validity of minimum 1 year or up to maximum of 3 years. It is a student’s responsibility to check the validity of your Student Pass including your passport to ensure that you are not overstaying in Sarawak. Please make sure your Passport validity is not less than 8 months before you renew your student pass.

Please renew your Student pass the earliest 3 months before you Student Pass expiry date. A penalty of RM100 will be fine for expired student pass.

Students who renewed their student pass within 1 week of their flight departure date will be advised to go to the Immigration Office personally to get your student pass process on time.

Student pass which expired for more than 5 months, you will not be able to renew your student pass.  Student must apply for the New Student Pass application.

All Malaysian students holding a student pass under Curtin University, Malaysia must curtail their student pass before they leave the university. It applies to categories as below:

  • The expiry date of Student Pass is more than 6 months upon leaving Curtin University, Malaysia
  • Students who are withdrawn/transfer to other institution/applying Leave of Absence(LOA)/ Graduated

Please submit your curtailment documents at least 10 working days before departure for submission to Immigration Office.