- Yes, all Non-Sarawakian (West Malaysian, Labuan and Sabahan) students must apply for Student Pass while studying in Sarawak.
- Student Pass Application Form (Borang IM.14-Pin.1/97) from Domestic Student Pass Counter.
- Malaysia Blue Passport
(Degree – must be valid not less than 3 years and 2 months)
(Foundation – must be valid not less than 1 year and 2 months)
- Photocopy of Passport
- Photocopy of Entry Details (either stamped in passport or white slip issued by Immigration Officer at the airport)
- Two (2) Passport size photos
- Photocopy of Offer Letter (1st Page)
- Photocopy of latest results
(Degree – STPM or equivalent, A Level)
(Foundation – SPM or equivalent, O Level)
- Photocopy of Malaysian Identity Card (front and back)
- Yes, your passport is required to be submitted together with the documents to Immigration Department.
- It is advisable for you to apply for student pass with a blue passport which only cost RM5. You may enter Sarawak using your red passport or Identity Card, however you are required to apply student pass with the Malaysian blue passport. This enables you to enter and exit Sarawak without any hassles.
- No, the student pass for Malaysian student is free of charge.
- Student must make sure that their current student pass with the current institution is cancelled before transfer to Curtin University, Malaysia.
- It will take approximately 3-4 weeks depend on number of applications received. You will be notify through email once the student pass is ready for collection
Student Service Department,
Curtin University Malaysia
CDT 250, 98009, Miri, Sarawak
Contact Person: Mr. Leslie Rissin
Telephone: +6 085 – 630 100 ext. 2566
Fax: + 60 85 443899
Working Hour: 8.30am – 4.00pm (Mon-Fri)
Please come to Domestic Student Pass Office and submit the following documents at least 2 months (the earliest is 3 months and not later than 1 month) before the expiry date to renew your student pass.
- Passport (MUST be valid not less than 6 months)
- Fill in Borang Imm.55-Pi9n.1/93 (Application for Extension of Visit Pass). Please print the form from the website. It can be printed in black and white.
- Copy of Entry Details or White Slip (Only if you enter Miri with IC)
- Old Passport (Only if you have renewed your passport)
- You will not be allowed to exit Sarawak without a valid student pass or approval letter from Immigration Department. Please renew your student pass before the expiry date.
- No. You must renew your passport first before you can renew your student pass. Once you have renewed your passport only then you can renew your student pass. Please submit the old passport and new passport together with other required documents to apply for an extension of student pass.
- No. Curtin University, Malaysia does not provide transportation to UTC.
- Domestic Student Pass Office will send an email to official student email once the student pass is endorsed. Students are advised to frequently check their student email.
14. What if I need to travel during study free week/semester break while my student pass is still in process by Immigration Department?
- You must submit your flight itinerary to Student Pass Office 2 weeks in advance before your flight departure. This is for us to do any necessary arrangement with Immigration Department and to avoid any difficulties during your departure at the airport.
- You must curtail your student pass under Curtin University if the expiry date is more than 6 months. If you are transferring to another institution immediate curtailment is required in order for you to apply a student pass under the new institution.
- No. Any Student Pass which expired more than 5 months need to apply for a New Student Pass Application. Please refer to ‘New Student Application’ tab or the link below: http://studentservices.curtin.edu.my/domestic-pass/new-student
- Kindly submit the old passport and the new passport together with the student pass extension form and other documents.