How to accept
Please follow the instruction below on steps to accept offer.
- Sign the Acceptance of Offer and email to Admissions Office by the due date as indicated in the letter of offer. By signing the forms signifies that you have agreed, read and understood the terms and conditions stated in the “Terms of Offer and Important Information” and Refund Policy.
- If you have received a Conditional Offer, you must fulfill the condition(s) stated in your offer prior to accepting your offer. You must provide the evidence that you have met all conditions as stated in your offer letter (academic transcripts, certificates etc). If you do not provide the evidence, you will not be eligible to proceed with your enrolment.
An example of the conditions placed on applicants:
- Official or certified copy of academic transcripts, including SPM, STPM, A Level, O Level and 1119 English
- Certified copy of IC
- Completion Letter or Certificate of Completion
- English proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL) – these qualifications are only valid for two years from the date taken
Please refer to the ‘New Student Checklist’ in your Letter of Offer email. If you need further assistance on your offer please contact our Admissions Office.
- Pay the Indicative Semester Fee as specified in the Letter of Offer by the due date.
- Email the bank-in slip to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com for confirmation.
- For information on fee payment options, please visit http://futurestudents.curtin.edu.my/studying-at-curtin/fees-charges/.
It is advisable that you make payment before the orientation as delay in paying your tuition fees may result in a delay in enrolment, printing of your Student ID card and other services.
Useful information: Scholarship and Financial Aid
It is compulsory for all new Curtin students to attend the Orientation Week. It will help you to get off to the best start academically and socially. Failing to attend Orientation means you will miss out on essential information about your units and the Campus, and the info will not be repeated in week 1. For students who miss orientation due to unforeseen circumstances, please see the information on Missed Orientation.
Please ensure you bring the following documents to the orientation and registration:
- Original signed Acceptance of Offer
- Original Documents or Original Certified True Copy of the Documents (E.g. Academic Transcripts, Completion/Award Certificate, SPM, STPM, ‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level or other conditions as indicated on your Letter of Offer).
- Original Documents or Original Certified True Copy of Evidence of English competency (E.g. IELTS, TOEFL, SPM 1119 results)
- Passport-sized photographs: 1 piece for Sarawakian and 3 pieces for non-Sarawakian
If you are an International and non-Sarawakian (Sabahan, Labuan, and West Malaysian) student, it is COMPULSORY for you to have a valid Student Pass while studying at Curtin University Malaysia. For international students, you may contact the International Student Office or refer to our website at Student Visa/Pass for further information. For Non-Sarawakian, (Sabahan, Labuan & West Malaysian) student MUST and can apply for Student Pass upon registration during Orientation Week. You can also refer to Domestic Student Pass.
Note: Due to Covid19, Admissions Office accept emailed copy of signed Acceptance of Offer and Certified True Copy document for closing of conditions.
If you are coming from other states (outside Miri), it is advisable to book an air ticket immediately after accepting the offer and make arrangements for your accommodation. To book campus accommodation, please refer to Housing Services.
We provide airport reception services for new students arriving from other states at the Miri Airport, please request for the ARS at least 3 days before your flight. Our International Office will get back to you to confirm your ARS booking.
Upon arrival at Miri airport, students who have requested for Airport Reception Services will be greeted by our representative and transported to their on-campus accommodation. Students who have not requested to be picked up by our representative may use a taxi to be transported to your accommodation.