Student Pass Renewal

The Student Pass has a validity of one year or up to the duration of your studies. It is a student’s responsibility to check the validity of your Student Pass including your passport to ensure that you are not overstaying in Sarawak. The Domestic Student Pass Office will assist you with the renewal process.

You are required to prepare the below documents for the renewal process:

  1. Malaysia Blue Passport (Dokumen Perjalanan Terhad) (MUST be valid, not less than 9 months)
  2. Fill in Borang Imm.55-Pi9n.1/93 (Application for Extension of Visit Pass). (Please print the form from the website. It can be printed in black and white. 1 copy only)
  3. Borang Format A (Format Tinggal Lebih Masa) / Overstay. (Print this form only if your student pass has expired. Please print the form from the website. It can be printed in black and white/1 copy.)
  4. Copy of Entry Details or White Slip(Only if you enter Miri with IC)
  5. Old Passport(Only if you have renewed your passport)
  6. Letter of Offer (1 copy)
  7. Result (From 1st semester until current semester/student can print it from Curtin Malaysia E-Student)

Important Reminder:

  1. Please renew your Student pass the earliest 3 months before your student pass expiry date.
  2. A penalty of RM100.00 will be fine for an expired Student Pass (Once the MCO period is lifted).
  3. Students who renewed their student pass within 1 week of their flight departure date will be advised to go to the Immigration Office personally to get their student pass process on time.
  4. Student pass which expired for more than 5 months, you will not be able to renew your student pass. Students must apply for the New Student Pass application
  5. A student who wishes to change Major or Course must apply for a New Student Pass Application
  6. If you would like to travel while your Student Pass is in the process of approval from Immigration, please submit us your flight itinerary at least 10 working days before the flight departure. This will help us to collect your passport on time before your flight departure.
  7. Incomplete documents will result in delay or rejection by Immigration Office Miri.

Share this